CableEngineering.com lets you schedule all cables for your project and helps you to ensure that they are all sized correctly. It is easy to use, yet still technically detailed and fully standard compliant. It also works across all devices, desktop, tablet and smartphone.
Getting started with using myCableEngineering is easy. To start just select "Cable Engineering" to launch the application. You can then setup your projects and manage cables for each project.
myCableEngineering organises work into projects. For each project you set up, a cable schedule is created. You then add your cables to the cable schedule.
Once your cables are added to the schedule, you can then verify the sizing and operation of the cable (current capacity, voltage drop and fault rating for example). Once your cable schedule is complete, you can download this and associated calculations as pdf files.
If you experience any problems or issues, you can use our support section to contact us.
- add a new project
- manage contributors (allow team members to work on your projects)
- setup custom logos for cable reports
- schedule to work on your project cables
- add a new cable
- configure cable (select voltage, cable type, etc.)
- calculate current capacity according to various standards
- calculate voltage drop to user defined limits
- calculate fault rating at both source and load end
- duplicate, copy your cable
Note: some options only become available if previous steps are complete, for example, the current capacity dialogue will not be available until you have configured the cable.
We have video tutorials dotted about the knowledge base. We will be continuing to add additional tutorials in the future.
If you wish to view all our tutorials in a single location, please visit our YouTube channel.
Reports - are available on the projects and cable pages. See Reports for more details.